Employees’ Entrance at Greenbriar Picture Shows
In case you miss it, John McElwee at Greenbriar Picture Shows covers Employees’ Entrance and Warren William today. As always it’s a fantastic read and there are several great images accompanying it. Check out Favorites List – Warren William and Employees’ Entrance and don’t forget to focus on the header!
More Recent Warren William Articles from Other Sites:
- Employees’ Entrance at Shadows and Satin
- Employees’ Entrance at Flappers, Flickers and Silent Stanzas
- Three on a Match at Speakeasy
- Three on a Match at A Person in the Dark as part of the CMBA Guilty Pleasures Blogathon
- The 5 Best “B” Movie Detectives at the Classic Film and TV Cafe
- Warren William: Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf at The Chiseler
Warren William on TCM
In other Warren William news, and I’ve added this in the comments section of the last few posts where we’ve talked about TCM airings of Warren’s films, commenter Warren Watcher alerted me to some Warren titles coming to TCM soon … on his December 2 birthday in fact!
Friday, December 2 on TCM:
- 11:30 am – Expensive Women (1931)
- 12:45 pm – Beauty and the Boss (1932)
- 2:00 pm – The Dark Horse (1932)
- 3:15 pm – Under Eighteen (1932)
- 4:45 pm – The Woman from Monte Carlo (1932)
- 6:00 pm – Skyscraper Souls (1932)
All times EST
So it looks like at least a half day of Warren William movies on TCM for his birthday this year–good thing since Warren’s birthday falls on a Sunday in 2012 and TCM doesn’t typically do the birthday schedule thing over weekends.
I mentioned in the comments that if they follow their usual routine that 6 pm slot looks ripe for one additional Warren William title* – The Mouthpiece needs to go there! I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth here, five Warren William movies are better than none, but if you’re going to do early Warren William you should hit his breakout picture. It’s extremely overdue for a TCM airing.
*TCM has chosen The Man in the Iron Mask for the 6 pm time slot.
*TCM has chosen Skyscraper Souls for the 6 pm time slot.
Mind you, that schedule above seems very tentative to me. When Warren Watcher first posted it I had a heck of a time figuring out where he discovered the info, but my eyes eventually zeroed in on it! Let’s hope they stick to it and if anything add more!
Have a great weekend … don’t forget Arizona (1940) is airing on TCM Tuesday morning, September 27 at 7:30 am EST. It stars a young William Holden with Jean Arthur and Warren William wearing the black hat as Jefferson Carteret.